What's The Problem?
Your Water May Not Be As Great As You Think.
Research shows that most US households’ tap water contains chlorine, micro-plastics, heavy metals, and hundreds of unregulated chemicals.
The legal limits of contaminants set by the EPA, at best, gets a passing grade. This is due to the fact that the EPA is underfunded and a bit antiquated, and that changing regulations requires extensive and time-consuming efforts. Furthermore, just because something is legal doesn't necessarily imply that it is completely safe.
According to Dr. Verhougstraete, Ph.D of Arizona University, chemicals, even in minute concentrations, can cause adverse health effects, especially in the long run.
Numerous research calls for more stringent regulations around our tap water. The water we use on a daily basis has a significant impact on the health of our skin, particularly on the face, where the skin is the most sensitive and thin.
You don't drink tap water, so why should your skin?
Why Does Filterbaby Start with a Faucet Mount Water Filter Device?
Because your facial skin is more sensitive than your skin anywhere else. If you take a microscope, you will see that the skin cells on your face are actually smaller than ones on your body. This means the skin on your face is less effective at protecting than many parts of your body. The smaller the skin cells, the more 'gaps' there are for chemicals and contaminants to go through. Why the face has more sensitive skin, may be due to evolutionary reasons, and it probably comes down to the effectiveness of expressions. Humans are social animals, thinner skin allows for more expressions on the face. Essentially, this means, it is vital to take extra care of your face, and hence why we created Filterbaby.
How Does Tap Water Harm My Skin?
Your skin barrier acts as a protector against toxins and contaminants from the external environment. But the chemicals and contaminants in tap water can seep through & also break down this barrier causing:
- Depletion of your skin's natural oils, causing it to be dry and damaged.
- Irritation of your skin, causing sensitivity and redness.
- Breakdown of collagen barrier causing signs of premature aging.
Yikes! We don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but these are valid problems you might want to pay attention to.
Contaminants as Small
as 0.2 Microns
What's The Difference Between Filterbaby And Other Filters?
Other Leading Brand
|Made for skincare||✓||✕||✕|
|Carbon fiber filter||✓||✕||✕|
|Helps soften water||✓||✕||✕|
|Hollow fiber membrane (ultrafiltration)||✓||✕||✕|
|Reduces particles as small as 0.2 microns||✓||✕||✕|
Have You Done Any Testing To Prove Your Filters Actually Improve Skin?
The very first thing we did after our product synthesis was to test our product via certified third-party testing labs.
Here's a description of the procedure:
- The process included 35 participants both female (21) and male (14) aged 16-65 with normal and sensitive skin.
- The measurement of skin hydration with a micro camera was carried out for each zone in all tested and control places prior to applying the tested product. Subjects were asked to avoid using hydrating or anti-aging products on their skin during the study, and to follow their regular personal hygiene protocol.
- The evaluation of the hydration was performed before and after two weeks of using the water filter daily. Instrument used: Callegari Company – Soft Plus device Hydration probe and micro camera. All measurements were carried out in a room with a temperature of 20 ± 3°C and a relative humidity of 50±10%.
- Soft Plus measures the hydration of the stratum corneum through the scientifically acknowledged capacitive method, which measures the amount of electric current passing through a capacitor. In its simplest form, a capacitor consists of two conducting plates (tracks) that are separated by an insulating material called the dielectric.
- In the capacitor constituted by probe and skin, one conducting plate is the probe surface and the other is represented by the skin's deeper (well-hydrated) layer. The horny layer, constituted by dead keratinized cells dispersed in a lipid medium, represents an excellent barrier to the passage of both chemical substances and electric current. It can, therefore, be considered a dielectric medium (the dielectric constant of the anhydrous horny layer is usually lower than five).
- The water dielectric constant is much higher; thus, if water is contained in the stratum corneum, the horny layer dramatically changes its dielectric properties. Therefore, it is possible to evaluate the hydrated stratum corneum’s dielectric constant and calculate its moisture content by measuring the amount of current that flows through the stratum corneum.
A Water Filter Device Made for Skincare,
Most common faucet filters only have activated carbon materials but lack processes to soften water and ultrafiltration capability to filter out physical contaminants. This leaves users susceptible to having hard metals, excess minerals, rust, lead particles, dirt, micro-plastics, bacteria, (and much more contaminants) lingering in your tap.
Triple Action Filtering
At Filterbaby, we use a holistic approach to filtering a host of contaminants in water.
Reduces up to 99% Chlorine, 99% Bromodichloromethane, 97% Chloroform and Total THMs, up to 99% heavy metals such as copper, zinc, iron, and a myriad of other chemical contaminants. 8-10x more effective than standard activated carbon filters.
Our proprietary de-scaling process softens water by attaching to excess hard minerals like Mg2+ and Ca2+. Leaving crisp and soft water that's better for your skin than tap water.
A very fine polyethylene membrane filter captures up to 99% turbidity and microorganic and inorganic particles as small as 0.2 microns— bacteria, algae, fungi, microplastics, rusts, and more.
Have You Done Any Testing To Prove Your Filters Actually Improve Skin?
Filterbaby has undergone certified third-party skin hydration lab measurement testing.
The results of the skin hydration measurement test showed that under the study conditions, our filter helps to increase skin hydration within two weeks.
Filterbaby is Observed to Increase Skin Moisture.
Test subjects range in age between 16-65, both men and women, with normal to sensitive skin.
Instrumental test using: Callegari 1930 Company – Soft Plus device Hydration probe and micro camera.
Study conducted by: CE.Way Regulatory Consultants Ltd. Dublin, Republic of Ireland
FilterBaby® Moisture Level Testing
Clinical study conducted by ce.way regulatory consultants | dublin, ireland
Test subjects range in age between 16-65, both men and women, with normal to sensitive skin. Instrumental test using: Callegari 1930 Company – Soft Plus device Hydration probe and micro camera. Study conducted by: CE.Way Regulatory Consultants Ltd. Dublin, Republic of Ireland
The Red Rust Turbidity Test
A Standard Activated Carbon Filter
Common faucet filters do not have ultrafiltration capability that filters out physical contaminants such as rust shown above.
Filterbaby PRODermis Filter Device
Filterbaby can filter up to 99% of physical contaminants commonly found in tap water, such as rust, lead particles and microplastics.
Learn More About Filterbady
Frequently asked questions
Follow Us On Instagram